Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Table Decorating...Me?!?

So....Tracy asked me to decorate a table for our Relief Society birthday party.  She told me that there would be about eight table decorated and that I should just do what was...me.  First, I don't decorate.  Second, what was 'me'?  I am not a fancy person so I tried to think of things that I actually have that might be a little unique so I chose to do a Scottish theme.  I knew just who to call...Joyce.  She had given me the Robertson Tartan Shawl a few years ago for Christmas so I would have a table cloth.  But I still needed a center piece.  She had these fantastic pewter goblets with a Celtic design on them.  Perfect.  Then we added some color on top of those using Tartan Napkins.  I figured I should try to tie the Scottish theme into Relief Society and Church so I brought pictures of family and of Scotland and used words like 'genealogy' 'family' 'home' 'traditions'  and 'love' to help understand that Relief Society always supports and nurtures the family.  There, it was a stretch but I think it worked.  All of the other tables were done in nice pastel colors of Spring but you know me and I just have to be different.  Actually, all of the tables were different and showed each decorators personality.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Thanks so much again!! It was perfect and represented YOU!! :-)