1st: Our Father in Heaven loves us. He loves my children more that I could possibly love them which is beyond my comprehension. I would do anything for them if it would help them to be happy.
2nd: Our Father knows more than we do. I know it is hard to imagine but he does.;) He knows what we need, he can see down the road and give us the strength we might need through the trials that we are given.
3rd: He has a plan! There have been times in my life when I could not see and still don't see how his plan could have been better than mine. But I know that his plan is best. But really doesn't that give us a measure of peace, that our Father does have a plan for us?
4th: Our attitude toward whatever trial we have can change everything. If I am angry with God for taking someone away from me or making me hurt, then that is all I have...anger and pain. If on the other hand I humble myself and ask him with faith if he will help me get through this, or help me to understand, he will be there for me. All I have to do is ask.
Thanks, Brother Campbell for being patient with this student. And thanks again for the discussions. I have not been able to be in Sunday school consistently because of substituting for other classes and having family events to go to, so I am grateful to go and have my cup filled.

I mentioned in another message that we watched Chariots of Fire to get all psyched up for track. I love that story and the athleticism of the runners but I loved most of all the conviction that the Scottish runner had. His happiness stems from his attitude and his Faith in Christ.
Here are some quotes.
Eric Liddell: God made countries, God makes kings, and the rules by which they govern. And those rules say that the Sabbath is His. And I for one intend to keep it that way. ( He said this after the was being pressured by the Prince of Wales to run on Sunday during the Olympic trials. He asked him if he loved his Country more than his God.)
Eric Liddell: I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure.
How wonderful is it to see that kind of conviction to keep the Sabbath day holy in a movie. It made me smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment