The Lovell Bulldogs played a determined Thermopolis Bobcat football team on Friday night in Lovell. We thought the game would be a mud bowl but it wasn't too bad. We were dressed for the worst weather but at game time the temperature was about 50 degrees with no real wind. The rain had stopped early in the afternoon so the field wasn't very slick or muddy.
Mark tackled this guy for a loss!
The Bulldogs scored first. We marched the ball down and then Dino 'The Beast' Collins ran the ball in from the half-back position. Then Thermop scored twice. Yikes. I was getting a little worried and I had to help Jacob get ready to play in his half time game so I missed the next kick-off. It was a bad one to miss because Sparky caught the ball on the ten yard line and ran it back for a touch down. I heard the fans roaring and the announcer yelling 'Touch Down"! I knew he did it and couldn't wait see the video that Spike took.
Mark is on his way for the touchdown!
The Bobcats didn't score again. The Bulldogs scored two more touchdowns. Mark ran both of those in from inside the 10 yard line pretty much untouched. After one of the touchdowns Mark was trying to give the ball to the referee and he told Mark that he didn't even know he had the ball. I guess that was a great fake.
Then in the second half the Bulldogs scored on two field goals by Cody Savage. The score at the end of the game was 32 to 13. Yea! Go Dogs!
Mark did a great job in this game. He had three touchdowns, a quarter-back sack, he stripped the ball from Thermop and then recovered it and many other assisted and unassisted tackles. Unfortunately, he twisted his ankle on a fifteen yard run half-way through the fourth quarter. We went to the hospital for X-rays. Thankfully he didn't break it, just a bad sprain. Lovell has two games that should be easy ones coming up. We are hoping that Mark will be back on the field by play-offs.
1 comment:
Nothing as fun as football in the Fall, I miss that with my grown sons. Thanks for your comment on my blog today and tell those bad sports to put a sock in it! lOL Come say hi any time :D
Post a Comment