Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back in the Primary!

I got a new calling last week.  I am now the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency in our ward.  Peggy is the president, Pauline is the 1st counselor and I am 2nd and then Katie is still the Secretary.  We should have a lot of fun together and hopefully teach the children well.  We are having a Primary activity on Wednesday that should be fun.  We are doing a Time Capsule.  The children are putting a special journal in the capsule and then in five years we will dig it up and give them back to the kids.  We are also having dinner and games.

I have been released from one of my other callings so far and as soon as we get some people for Cub Scouts, I can breathe a sigh of relief.

In other news, Jacob got his Faith in God award today.  They presented it to him in Sacrament meeting and Sister Rohrer had him tell a little about it and what it meant to him.  He was caught a little off guard because he didn't know he would have to say anything.  He thinks quickly on his feet though and did a good job.  I think I would have just said, "umm,  Oh,  I don't know" and then run away.

Primary was a little wild today but I hope that next week, we will get better at doing what we are supposed to do and things will go smoother.

No comments: