Monday, July 30, 2012

Yellowstone!

We took a super mini-vacation on Saturday to Yellowstone.  We decided to go over Chief Joseph Highway and through Cooke city.  The Chipmunks were huge and not afraid at all at the rest stop at the the summit.  We fed them some lucky charms and as we were leaving they practically attacked the couple that drove up after us.  Sorry about that.  Their sugar level might have been a little high:)  some of them we so well fed that they looked like mini badgers.
 We spit over the edge of the bridge.  That was lots of fun.  It took about 8 seconds for the spit to hit the ground.
 Here we are in front of the Petrified Tree.  Have you noticed how tall Jacob is getting?  Yikes.
Here are a few black bears we saw in the north part of the park.  The top picture is of a cub and the lower picture is an adult bear.  It's been a long since I saw a bear in the park.

 We saw lots and lots of buffalo.  Here is a great big guy walking along the road.
Old faithful was pretty cool.  It was just our luck that we missed geyser but just a few minutes when we pulled in so we had to wait an hour for it to go off again.  
This is an interesting feature.  I thought it was pretty so I thought I would share.
 We were afraid we would miss seeing any elk this trip but finally spotted one on the way to fishing bridge.  We wanted to stop and get a better picture but a very cranky ranger was yelling at everyone so we just got this picture out the window.
 This was way cool.  We followed the rainbow home into the big horn basin. Pretty soon we got to see the double rainbow. I love Wyoming!

No comments: