Thursday, January 27, 2011

Front Hall Wall

January Project: Fix the front hallway so it looks nicer. This is the problem with my house. Every single wall in this house is made of brick, yes, that includes the inside walls too. I have had pictures on this wall but every time I want to change I have to get out the drill, drill the hole and put another screw into the wall. So I finally decided to just put up some curtain rods and put the pictures on them. No more drilling and filling in the old holes. My original idea was to use black rods. But I was impatient and could not find any when the spirit moved me. Spike wanted wrought iron. (Is that how you spell that?) I did too but sometimes I just want to get it done and so I do. I think the gold is all right just because it is on a gold wall but I may spray paint the rods black. What do you think?

So then I decided to use the whole black and white theme for the pictures too. I have quite a few old photos of some ancestors, Edward Partridge Jr. and Sarah Lucretia Clayton. I am not sure who the other guy is. He must be related to the Partridges some way because when I got the pictures he was in the group with them. If anyone can identify him, please let me know. Anyway, I printed out the rest of the pictures in greyscale and painted the mats and frames black also. I like how it looks but like I said I think the rods should be black also. Any other ideas?
The picture frame on the bottom is one for Grandchildren that Rachael got for me. It has two ultrasound pictures. I need to get one of Eve and put it in.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks GOOD!!! :-)

meganmfunke@gmail.com said...

That turned out so cool Marianne! Way to go, especially now that I know how hard it is to drill a hole in your wall, this is awesome!

Lauren Olsen said...

Very cute idea! Have to love a creative fix to a "hard" problem :D