Monday, January 3, 2011

Backpack Treasure

This morning I went through Jacob's backpack. I know I should have checked it promptly after he got home for the Christmas break but I am a slacker. This is what I found. What a treasure.

"The true meaning of Christmas to me is mostly celebrating the birth of Christ but some of it is not about fancy lights, presents or anything like that. It is partly about giving things like presents or good things. I also think that the true meaning of Christmas is a time to visit family and have a good time with them. It is a time to celebrate, have some fun, and give to brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers. The true meaning of Christmas that was taught to me was the celebration of Christ for my church and I have always like to give." by Jacob

Thanks for the treasure, Jacob. Thanks for listening when we thought you might not be. The real meaning of Christmas is about Christ. We celebrate his birth and we celebrate his life, we celebrate his atonement and are grateful everyday for his continued love and help. We have the tree and the ornaments and the lights to help us remember Him more each day of the Christmas season. I am thankful to parents that made the Season special, that helped us have good and enjoyable traditions. Every year we collect a new ornament that means something to us. We have ornaments of Temples, Stars, carved Santas and even puppies. They help us to remember all that we have and the people that we love. I will miss the Christmas season and I look forward to that special time again next year when we re-focus on Christ more than we do at any other time of year.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You have sweet children Marianne!