Saturday, September 18, 2010

Overtime Loss


The Lovell Bulldogs suffered their first official loss of the season in overtime to the Lyman Eagles. The bulldogs scored first, kicked in the PAT and the game looked like a sure thing when yellow flags started dropping right and left. Lovell gave up many hard earned yards due to the penalties. Lyman scored next but failed to earned the extra points. Lovell scored all of their points in the first half. The score at the half was 14 to 7, I think. Lovell led most of the rest of game 21 to 13. Then Lyman came back with a touchdown and extra points to tie the game and send them into overtime. Lovell failed to put points on the board during their four downs. Lyman then took over and scored their next six points. Rats.

I wish I could do a whole game review. I will update when Spike gets home and give a more comprehensive report. Needless to say the Bulldogs made some good things happen and some mistakes were made but we looked good and if we played them again today I am sure the Bulldogs would win. We are a young team and are learning more and more each game.

Just at game time the wind really picked up and that affected the game a lot. Our passes were not as accurate as they could have been, and it also made a difference catching the ball on the punt and kickoff returns.

Mark did a great job. He was in on almost every tackle on the kickoffs, he is so fast and tough. WOW! He had lots of new assignments in this game and went from number 71 to number 80 because sometimes he was an eligible receiver. Again this game, Mark didn't leave the field. He recovered a blocked field goal attempt and almost, (oh it was so close) got an interception. I am not sure how many times he sacked the quarterback, more than two anyway. He punched lots of holes for Dino to run through and just worked so very hard for a very long time. I am beginning to understand that linemen don't get the glory in the paper but they sure do makes things happen in the game. We often hear one or two players making the difference in the game when in reality that all the players have to work together and do their parts or the play just falls apart. Hmmm. Life is kind of like that. If we all work together to do our part in Heavenly Fathers plan it really doesn't matter who gets what position. Work hard, do your job, pull together, have team unity and we will all make it back.

I would have gotten more pictures of better quality but we, as fans, had terrible field position. We were looking into the sun on very small bleachers that were below the level of the field. To see onto the field and over our team we had to stand on the top bleacher row.There was no top rail to hold onto and the wind was blowing toward us. Curling my toes over the edge of the seat helped as I tried not to fall off the edge.

Extra special thanks to those who made my trip to Lyman possible. Robyn thanks a bunch for having Jacob over. Jacob thanks tons for taking care of the dogs while I was gone. Maddy lots of thanks to you for letting me hang out in your car for fourteen hours yesterday. Kristi deserves thanks for being the greatest navigator in the world;)
Ok - - Here is the deal. Spike said I posted the wrong video. The shoestring tackle is where Mark plows through four Lyman blockers, gets clipped and still gets the ankle grab for the tackle. They are both on you tube so you can go there and see all the ones I have taken for the season.


1 comment:

Mike and Marianne Grant said...

Just a little addition. Mark got 26 defensive points in the game.