Friday, September 10, 2010

Grant Crest




I decided to put the Grant Crest on my wall. Here is a little information. Inside the crest is an image of a burning hill. The burning hill represents "Craig Elachie", the rallying point for the Grants. When signal fires were lit upon the summit of Craig Elachie, or "The Rock of Alarm", members of the clan would gather there in order to organize for an attack or defense. The Grant slogan is "Stand Fast Craig Elachie". I told Jacob that as he comes down the stairs every morning he is supposed to think of his Testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and remember to Stand Fast and be unmovable.

I printed it out on the computer and taped all the papers together just to get an idea of the size I wanted. Spike thought this was all right but I wanted it a bit smaller. He won. It is rather large about six feet wide and seven tall.
Here was our plan for scaffolding. Spike made it stable for me. Thanks, sweetie!
He is such a handy guy to have around!
First step.
It is starting to take shape.
Almost there.
Finished! I didn't like the green inside the circle so I painted it white and it makes it stand out much more. I really like to paint large things on my walls. It's a good thing that I have huge walls for my canvas.

Here is a picture of Jacob standing on a stool next to the crest. Just so you can get an idea of it's size. Jacob is 9.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Holy Cow...that's amazing!! :-)

Margaret said...

Annie -- I love it. What a good thing for Jacob to remember!

Karen said...

Fantastic!!!!