I am not happy with the wasp situation here in Lovell. They have been everywhere all the time. We have knocked down and exterminated so many nests. Those darn varmints have built them in our cars, in the headlight of the motorcycle, about twenty in our bushes out in front of the house. We have one crazy wasp that keeps trying to build one right in the front doorway. Spike has been quite vigilant about getting wasp spray and killing the nests. This has been almost a daily ritual.
On Saturday, Jacob and I went for a walk with Molly. There is a small wall between the bank and the post office where we balance as we walk. You have to step over some bushes and get past some little trees. Just as I was ducking under a tree ... I got swarmed! Jacob said I had about twenty wasps on by back. As I was swatting and running like a crazy woman, I got two stings. One was on my hand and one on my elbow. Good thing we were close to home. Those things really hurt. Anyway I took a couple of ibuprofen and an allergy pill and then put baking soda on it. Within minutes I wasn't hurting anymore and thought the whole problem was taken care of.
Sunday came and I started itching on my elbow during church. It hasn't stopped since and now both areas are swollen and red and super itchy. I took the allergy medication again and some more ibuprofen but that doesn't seem to help. AAAAGH! If anyone knows how to make it stop, please clue me in!
Here is a picture of my elbow. The first picture I took showed way to much wrinkly elbow skin so I opted for this one. My arm also has a fever. Stupid Wasps! Is anyone else having this problem? Last year it was the grasshoppers, I guess I should be grateful it isn't worse... like giant snakes..or alligators...or mountain lions... or bears... or something like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment