Monday, September 24, 2012

You're Welcome!

 Last friday I had the opportunity to speak to the students at the Powell Institute at Friday Forum.  Sweet Jodi Walker, on the advice and inspiration (they assured me) from Erin, my niece,called and asked me to come and speak on 'How to get yourself out there'.  I knew I just couldn't stand and impart my wisdom on them for twenty minutes so we had a nice discussion on what characteristics other people have that are attractive to them and why.  We also talked about goals and remembering to keep your testimony strong.
I got this nice thank you note from them the next day.  What a bunch of sweet kids they are.  I knew about half of them because they were from Lovell and went to school with my kids.  Thanks for the note and you are welcome.  Jodi and Erin do owe me some pie;)  Mark suggested that they should owe me some Cinnamon rolls on the weekend he will be home.  That would be the thirteenth, Brenda ;)

After I talked at the Institute, Spike took Jacob and I out for some Chinese Buffet. Jacob is still not sold on Chinese food.  We'll work on that.

No comments: