Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More on the Door

Since I re-stained the front door, the rest of the house needed some serious help.  So I just got finished painting the front windows white and the cement pieces below them black.  I also painted the thing (I really don't know what to call it) above the front door black.  Then I decided that I should try to strip the old paint off of the door frame and stain it the same color as the door.  But..it...just...wouldn't...come...off.  The original yellow paint that was under layers and layers of other colors would not lift off the wood, so I decided to paint it white to match the windows.  I think it looks all right and it makes the door stand out.  On to the next project!
 The front porch.
 The front windows.
The above the door thing. If anyone knows the correct term for this, let me know!

I still need to get the upstairs windows but I am in need of a very long ladder.  For some reason I am able to get more projects done now that the boys are in school.