Thursday, November 4, 2010

I just got a tip!

I just got a tip! The last time I got one was when I worked at the A&W for Don and Donna Williams. Mark and a group of four or five boys come to my house for more food after they go to the lunchroom. This year they don't get 'seconds' like they used to. There are fruits and veggies they can eat after they have eaten their meal there but they would rather come to my house and have more food. I usually feed then Nacho's but today I made sloppy joes and chips. After they left I went into the kitchen and there sitting on the table in the midst of the juice and chips was a five dollar bill. It made me laugh. Thanks boys!
This is one reason that I love to be home more. I love having those boys over with Mark. I love taking care of them and I love being a mom. Even though I don't have any one home all day with me I think it is still important to 'be there' for your kids.

By the way, I don't feed them every day just on those days that 'hot lunch' isn't their favorites.

1 comment:

Caranna said...

You're such an awesome Mom! I hope that when my kids are older they'll bring friends home. I've always wanted our house to be "the cool house" where all the kids come to hang out.
I want to be like you!!