What wonderful experiences Temple Weddings are. I think there is no better feeling than being in the celestial room with your sons and daughters. It makes me think of Heaven. Waiting with anticipation and excitement for them all to come into the room is awesome! I loved having some of my sisters and one of my brothers there. We had support from Uncles and Aunts and nephews and nieces. Being there was great, the only thing that could have been better was wishing that Mark and Jacob could be there with us but they are too young still. How wonderful it will be when Jacob gets married, then we can all be there together. The Temple is a beautiful place of love and family and togetherness. I even felt close to my own Father and Brother who have passed on before us. I know they were there and loving every minute of it. All this helps me remember that our Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us to be happy. He has prepared places for us to have these experiences. I Love Him!

Lucas and Shanae in front of the Idaho Falls Temple! We had a most beautiful week. We got in the car and went to Idaho Falls for the wedding of Lucas and Shanae. Special thanks to Mark and Spike for getting the car ready to go and for Kynstyl who got us some Odor Out spray so we could get into the car.

Megan took some fantastic pictures! Extra special thanks to Megan for all the work she did with the Photography. She is super! It was so nice to see Jared and Megan once we got to Idaho Falls. We didn't get to spend near enough time with them especially since they are gone on another adventure in education! I will have to find a way to fly down there somehow.

Another Special thanks to Eric and Marie for the hospitality. We all descended on them and they had tons of company. Marie helped me go shopping for the food for the luncheon and we had many helpers putting up the tents and tables and cutting and chopping and arranging. Thanks to all my dear family! We had at the sealing from our family, Uncle David and Aunt Helen, Grandma Flash and Bob, Eric and Marie, Paige and Brent, Gwen, Kyle, Rachael, Eli, Jared, Megan, Margaret and Matt, Debbie Funke, Bonnie, Nelada and Alan. If I left anyone out I am really sorry. Another special thanks to those who were waiting outside. These kids have lots of people who support and love them and so do we.

It was great to meet Shanae's parents, Bonnie and Kevin Jackson from Afton Wyoming. They are great people and fun and easy to get to know.

Lucas and Shanae opening some of their presents after the reception was over.


This is what the black table looked like. We put water in them and floated three or four daisy heads in them.

This is the white table cloth. I wish I had put some black ribbon on but I didn't. Maybe next reception. Thanks to Robyn for lending me the bowls for the center pieces.

Aletha Durtsche did the cake for us. It was absolutely beautiful with real flowers and greenery on it. Very elegant and lovely. Another Thanks to Megan for getting us the pictures so quickly. You are fantastic!

Bonnie Jackson, Sally Davis and Grandma Grant are enjoying watching Lucas and Shanae open their presents.

Eli and I having a nice conversation.

Don't you love what they did to the car?

Cutting the cake!

Putting it all together.

The Greeting Corner! Another thanks to Joyce for lending me the arches and fencing. I think it all turned out just fine! I couldn't have done any of this without Pam and Karen for helping in the kitchen, Malia and Kyle and girls for helping with the kitchen and taking care of the presents, Stephanie for doing the music for me, Margaret and Julie, Gwen, Brad and Mary, Grandma Flash and Bob and especially Mike and Mark and Jacob for being the doers of everything.

We were supposed to be looking at Megan's camera when someone snapped this one.

Here is Jacob having lots of fun!

My three daughters! I am so glad the girls are starting to catch up to the boys in our family! Megan, Shanae and Rachael.

I love this one! Five tough strong men! I can't wait until Jacob is taller than all of them. You guys better watch out. Just give him 10 years.
3 comments:
Everything looks perfect. What a beautiful addition to your family! I wish I could have made it to the reception. Congrats!
The wedding pictures are beautiful, you're right...Megan does a great job!! :-)
Yeah, I am glad everything went well. You dont give yourself enough credit when it comes to decorating, it looked great!
Post a Comment