Friday, August 6, 2010

Finally Finished


We finally finished the dining room. We have been waiting for a rug pad to be delivered before we could put the furniture back in the room.Thank goodness this rug is cleaning friendly. It will have to be since it will be under the table and our table manners have a lot to be desired. We will try really hard not to spill kool-aid anymore.
Here it is before I put up the curtains. The windows are lovely and I almost didn't want to put the curtains up but we have been a fish bowl for too long and I think the neighbors were getting tired of it. If they weren't getting tired of it..... scary to think about. If any one has any suggestions for what to do for window treatments that still would show off the wood on the windows but not be a fishbowl, please share.
Here is it all finished. I will try ever so hard to not be a stacker on the table and the buffet. I like the way this looks. Mark was a little miffed when we bought the rug. He can't figure out why we worked so hard on the floor just to cover it up with a rug. He has a point.

No comments: