I thought the fun run was lots of fun, however, Jacob begs to differ. Jacob's stomach just doesn't like mornings. We got up at six. Jacob had a piece of bread and some chocolate milk along with an ibuprofen for his growing legs. Not good. We got up to the race to register and get ready. By then Jacob was starting to feel icky. By ten to seven we boarded the bus that would take us to the beginning of the mile race. Just before everyone got on board, Jacob needed to get off! He ended up puking in the outhouse. I heard the driver say that he would have to take two trips to get everyone because there were so many milers. So I stayed on the bus. As soon as we got off, I borrowed a cell phone and called Spike. He found Jacob a ways down the road walking toward the starting line. He chased him down and they back tracked just in time to catch the second bus. Jacob and I ran most of the race together and then he out sprinted me at the end. We probably clocked an eight minute mile. I am so proud of Jacob for not being a quitter. He felt better after he got a quick nap at home.

This is a picture of us just before we got on the bus. There were no smiles after the race. Of course I got another medal. First in my age group. I think I was the only one in my age group. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment