Jacob and I had a few goals we wanted to accomplish this summer. One of them was to build a fire pit. I uncovered a lot of bricks as I was working in the garden this year. Our house used to be owned by the people who built the brick and tile business and our whole yard has bricks in the dirt here and there. Anyway.....we decided to get it done this week. We had one of my nephews with us and he and Jacob were bored and I could tell they were just begging for some work. ;)
We used the same design that Tom used for a fire pit up at grandma grant's house. Ours turned out a bit smaller but that's ok.
We sure had a good time later in the evening when we made some s'mores and sang songs. Rachael thinks we need to make some sort of permanent seating. Add that to our list of things to do this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment