Jacob spent all day Saturday at the Showalter music festival in Powell. He had a couple of numbers to perform. Bright and early at 8:06 he sang "Got a Whale of a Tale". He never ceases to amaze me with his confidence and talent. I thought he did very well and apparently so did the judge. Jacob's efforts scored a '1'. You can click on this to hear him. A Whale of a Tale I know his voice will eventually change but Mrs. Dickson has worked with him and encouraged him to develop the voice that he has. A number of choir students got special honors at the festival.
Jacob also performed in a Baritone trio. The boys are Jacob, Zachary Abraham and Brandon Holzer. They played Edelweiss and did a pretty good job. Just remember that this is the first year of playing their instruments. You can listen to it here. Edelweiss I can't say enough good things about our music program. Chauna does a great job preparing these kiddos to read music and play recorders and the guitars in elementary school. Then Linnea takes over in middle and high school for choir. We just got a new band teacher. I think she is doing just fine with that.

No comments:
Post a Comment