Mr. Lincoln's drummer was the book Jacob and I got to read for the middle school read and rap program. I facilitated our group which consisted of five students and their adult reader. One of the girls didn't have a reading partner. That was too bad. Our little group had a fantastic discussion. These kids were all good readers and remembered many interesting details about the book.
This book was historical fiction and was very well written for elementary and middle school age kids. It was a quick read, most of the adults finished it in one afternoon. I wanted the book to go on and give me more information about the main character, but then again, I want all the books I read to go on and on. We had some parents who admitted that they didn't enjoy reading but did like this book.

No comments:
Post a Comment