Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kindle App

I got an iPad and I love it quite a bit. One of the biggest reasons is that I can read with the kindle app that I downloaded. Yippee! One of the first books that I read was Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. It was free to download and I talked Jacob into reading it with me. He has really enjoyed the Jack Sparrow movies and when I explained that this book is The Original pirate book he decided to read it. He loved it, I loved it. After reading that I decided to read Kidnapped by the same author. I enjoyed the book but not as much as Treasure Island, so I haven't pestered Jacob about reading it too.

Jacob got a kindle for Christmas so we were in a free book downloading frenzy. We got the first Tarzan book and put it on his kindle. He announced that he started reading it at school the other day and loves it. That makes me happy because I loved reading those books when I was young. I got a little obsessive and have all 26 books packed away in my closet. I had lent out the first two books but I still have all the rest. I started reading it today just to be able to have boom discussions with Jacob and I am having a hard time putting it down...who needs dinner anyway, right?

I also read another of my favorite books recently on the kindle, Wuthering Heights. My opinion of the characters has changed a bit since the first time I read it. I need to have a book discussion about it with my daughter or one of my sisters.







No comments: