Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dad

 As I have been thinking about Fathers Day this past week, I haven't really had time to put my thoughts down. My dad passed away 9 years ago. He died suddenly giving us no chance to say goodbye.  That was tough.  What made it more difficult my oldest brother died four days later, on the day of my dad's funeral. For our family it was the toughest week ever. I can't even begin to imagine how my mother got through it all. But, you know, we did.  We all grieved in our own and different ways.  We miss them both but I especially miss my dad.  He was a Rock. He never wavered in his testimony of Jesus Christ, His Atonement and of the restored Gospel.  Dad's testimony was steadfast and immovable. After he passed away I think we all re-evaluated our own testimonies.  My testimony became stronger.  I prayed more and found comfort and peace through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I miss dad and I always will but I know that there will come a time when I will get to be with him again. I am always amazed when I think of how much our Heavenly Father loves us.  He made a plan so that we could be eternal families. What a comfort that is daily.

Here are some pictures of dad that make me smile.  Thanks for being the best dad in the whole word.

Ralph Vernon Robertson Jr. being held by his parent, Vernon and Gwen Robertson


In the picture below Dad is number 27.  He played for the Powell High School Basketball team. I think he looks a lot like Jared.  They are built a lot alike.

 My parents wedding picture. What very good looking parents I have! A smiling picture would have been nice though :)


This picture was taken in Laramie before Dad went on to Chicago and Dental school


Below is a picture of Dad after we moved to Lovell.

 Here are Mom and Dad at Kevin's wedding reception I believe. I love this picture!


 Here is one that I like.  I am sitting by dad and my beautiful sister Karen is on my other side.  It must have been around Christmas time since I am wearing a questionable Christmas sweatshirt.



1 comment:

Brenda said...

Great pictures Annie! I haven't seen all of those. I sure love and miss him! Both of them!