Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day


Jacob and I went to the Lovell Cemetery this morning for the Memorial Day ceremonies.  Jacob and about twenty other kids from his class sang two patriotic songs for the program.  They sounded really nice. We were able to go around the cemetery and remember family members.  We went to the Robertson area and 'visited with' Grandpa Vern and Grandma Gwen, Aunt Ruth and Portia, and the other great grandparents.  Cherie Hoffman noticed that some of the headstones had no flowers so she went home to get some.
 Here is Grandpa Flash's headstone.We miss him a lot.  He is a great man. Just yesterday in a talk Stan Asay talked about the example of good home teaching partners.  They were Max Jones and Ralph Robertson.  Thanks dad, for always setting a good example.  I love the flags that have been placed on the ones that served in the military.  I got rather teary eyes when the speaker talked a little of his experiences in Vietnam. I am so grateful for those who sacrificed so much for my freedoms.
 We took some pictures.  Here is my brother Kevin's headstone.  I miss that guy.  Jacob doesn't remember either Grandpa Flash or Kevin.  That makes me sad but we have a video of Kevin that we watch every once in a while and we have lots of pictures of Grandpa Flash.
Here is Grandpa Grant's headstone.  It is a nice one and easy to find.  We miss his sense of humor and teasing.  I wish I had known him before he was sick. Actually, so does Spike.  He says he doesn't remember when his dad wasn't sick.  Someday we will get to know and love him even more.

No comments: