The conference was great. I went to a reading seminar that I really liked and the other one that was great was a general session about the Khan Academy. Google that. It is a non-profit organization that is trying to educate the world by offering classes for free. They have had some great success stories from Mongolia, Africa, South America and of course the US. I am so excited to look into this more.
We went on a trolley site seeing tour while it was raining. No pictures from that. We went to the Yankee/Red Sox game. That was so cool. Yankees won! Yahoo!
During a break in the storm Spike and I went on the Freedom Trail. Here are some pictures.
Here I am in front of the USS Constitution. The oldest ship still being used by the Navy. It was a rainy windy day in Boston on Sunday. That is not a pond behind me, just a huge puddle.
The rigging.
Here we are at Cheers! No, we didn't go inside. I am sure if we were to go in they would have yelled, "Spike!"
Both of us in front of cheers. The trolley driver was kind enough to take this picture.
The beginning of the Freedom Trail. They have the about two and half mile trail marked with red bricks or red paint on the street. The cemetery where Benjamin Franklin is buried along with Paul Revere, John Hancock and other famous Patriots. It is called the Granary Cemetery.
Paul Revere's headstone.
I don't know why this was in front of this old building, but it looked cool, so I snapped a picture of it. I think it is front of one of the first public schools. There was also a statue of Benjamin Franklin there.
The Old North Church. This was a really cool place. I got a cell phone picture of the inside. They wouldn't let us go up to the steeple. As it turns out that steeple isn't the original one. It was blown down during a hurricane in the 1950's.
Make way for Ducklings. Here we are in the Boston commons. Get the book. Read it.
I was just sitting gently on the mother duck for this picture. She was a bit damp from all the rain but I survived.Spike and I wandered around the parks and then walked to our Hotel. We loved looking at all the architecture and craftsmanship of these houses. Spring was definitely in the air and the trees were beautiful.
Boston is one of the cities that I like the best. Not that I have traveled much but all the history of the place and the things that are going on there now make it spectacular. There are over 60 colleges there so the atmosphere is of a college town and learning and doing. I wish I could take the whole family there and spend a month and of course have all the money I needed at my disposal. I know Jacob and Mark would have loved it. Oh, goodness, who am I kidding all the kids would have loved it.


No comments:
Post a Comment