Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mark is an Eagle!

 Mark is officially an Eagle Scout!  We had his ceremony last night at 8:00 in the Big Horn Federal Building.  This is such a busy time of year that it was hard to find a night to do this.  Mark wanted his basketball playing and wrestling buddies to be able to come and they had late practice so we had it at 8:00.  We had so many people show up to support Mark.  So many people have touched his life and we appreciate all of them.We had about sixty people come last night.  Even the Sheriff came along with his daughter.
 Here he is putting the pin on his dad.  Spike did such a great job of motivating and guiding Mark through this whole scouting process.  Sometimes Mark got a little stubborn (what? not a Grant/Robertson combo) but Spike was able to help him understand the important things.  Mark finally got stubborn himself and committed to finishing the Scouting up.  The reason that Spike is not wearing his scout shirt is because Mark had to wear it.  He grew out of his shirt again and couldn't button up the chest buttons and the sleeves got too short.
 Here  Mark is putting the Mothers Pin on me.  I love this kid!  What more can I say?
I thought this was the sweetest part of the ceremony.  Scoutmaster Mel McArthur asked Mark to kneel down and he had Jacob put the blue neckerchief on Mark.  That was really nice to include Jacob in the evenings festivities.
And just for fun I thought I would share the refreshments that I made.  This is candy, chocolate, carmel Crunch.  This recipe is so, so, so yummy.  I think I will try to make some of this for Christmas gifts. Very easy to make, looks great and it is so good.

2 comments:

Emily Asay said...

congrats mark!! what a proud momma you must be! uh, where's the recipe for the chocolate popcorn stuff?

Mike and Marianne Grant said...

I found the recipe on 'Jamie cooks it up'.http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/2011/10/crunchy-candy-bar-caramel-corn.html