Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sick Boys a.k.a. Wrestling begins

It was a tough weekend at our house.  First Jacob woke up on Friday morning with a terrible earache. He has been coughing for a week so we got him up to the Clinic.  They gave him antibiotics.  His ear feels much better and his cough is much more productive.  I left him home while I went to the wrestling tournament in Powell to watch Mark.  Sparky wrestled really well for the first two matches.  In the second match he wrestled a Natrona County guy who was also on the Super 25 team.  He certainly weighed in at 220.  Mark weighed in at 193.  Mark beat him soundly and my camera decided not to work. I used Spike's camera to video the last match.


Mark was totally beating this guy.  I think the score was 4 to zero at the end of the first period.  This guy ended up winning the tournament.  I think Mark could have won it all.  It is just too bad that in the second period of this match Mark's elbow got dislocated.  OUCH!  It wasn't a pretty site.  I was sitting ringside doing my job of getting the videos.  I was a good mom and didn't run out on the mat.  I let Spike do that. 

Thanks to all the family that we had there.  Kristy called Glynn and he came to drive the bus home.  Keith just stood by me and put his arm around me.  That helped so much.  Bishop Wolsey was there and helped Spike give a blessing in the ambulance.  I rode in the front of the ambulance.  It was kind of cool to blow through the red lights.
 This is a picture of Mark just after he watched the nurse pull the IV out of his arm. I don't think that his future is in the medical field.
This is the X-ray of his dislocation.  It is NOT supposed to be that way.

I was a bit worried about Jacob being home alone and sick for that long.  I called him a few times and he assured me that he was all right.  I was going to call someone if the arm was broken, thankfully it wasn't and we were home by 11:30.  Jacob and the dogs were fine and happy to see us when we got home.

So today has been a lazy day for the boys, and a busy (mom, can you get me this) sort of day for me.  I am happy to take care of them.  If I ever get sick, I expect the same treatment though ;)

On the wrestling side of things, we had one champion.  Dino who is wrestling at 182.  His goal this year is to go undefeated!  He is surely on his way.  Congratulations!

No comments: