Our trip to Laramie took a few extra hours. I should have taken pictures of Shirley Basin but I am pretty sure that all you would have seen would have been a white square! As soon as we hit the top, we had tremendous ground blizzards and drifting. Every once in a while we couldn't tell where the road was, thank goodness for reflector poles every so often. There was black ice and the regular kind periodically so we crawled along. Things got better after Medicine Bow but the going was still slow and the wind was vicious. I am so glad Spike got to drive this trip. He is amazing.

Don't you just love this picture of Brad and Jacob. They clean up very nicely!

Me and Eve before Church. We got to tend her while Rachael and Eli had choir practice. Then I just kept her during sacrament meeting until Eli took her for her Blessing. Eli did just a great job. What a beautiful prayer and the spirit was sweet and comforting. Thanks for being such a great dad, Eli.


After church we had a Big Dog Party over at Gwen's house. Thanks so much Gwen for letting us stay at Hotel Clark again. Thanks for letting have dinner there and everything. You are such a wonderful sister! Best one in the world! So the next few pictures are of the Dog Party! We did miss Jared and Megan especially. They lived in Laramie for a long time. We need to get to New Mexico! We also missed seeing Brian and Matthew ( sorry about not getting to laramie on time for a dog party Saturday night)and I caught a glimpse and a hug from Lane before he had to get back to his church calling.
It was great to get to see and talk to Eli & Rachael and Lucas & Shanae. Shanae is starting to feel her baby move and Lucas gets to every once in while. This is very exciting.

Spike and Randy doing the dishes!




Lucas is practicing being a dad. Doesn't he look like a natural?!?

These are the roads headed back out of Laramie on Shirley Basin. We had just gone over these roads 20 hours earlier with ground blizzard conditions just as the melted ice began to freeze. Not nearly so bad the second time.

Ahhh. This is the way to travel. Movies, seeds, crackers. Just relax and enjoy the ride. After Shoshoni we got bored and decided to do a traveling story. I really enjoyed the personality and imagination of my boys. Spike had some great or shall I say interesting things to add to our narrative. Jacob got us singing the 'family' songs. Cowboy Joe, Wyoming State Song, I'm a villain. We can't help but have fun when we get together.
No comments:
Post a Comment