Sunday, March 19, 2017

Spring 2017

Again, I am a slothful blogger. Life is soooo busy sometimes. So let's catch up shall we?

Fall - Spike and I are still working away at our respective jobs. I enjoy mine a lot. Every once in a while I think that it would be nice to be home all the time but then I get a day off and get itchy to get back to work. I work with such fun people and the kiddos make me smile every day.

Jacob was in football this year and enjoyed himself. He is growing into himself and gaining confidence every day. He is in swing choir so that pushes him out of his comfort zone, he also did football. He played a lot of JV and got in a few times on varsity, one time on varsity he recovered a fumble. That was fun to see how excited he was.

I started a new hobby in the fall. I am learning to spin and weave. I got a drop spindle and made some learning attempts to spin. I got better and better and then I thought I would just go for it. I bought a bunch of wool, some rit dye and got an early Christmas present from spike... a rigid heddle loom! How exciting, so for the next month I spun my newly dyed wool and finally wove my first masterpiece. A Robertson tartan shawl for my mom for Christmas.
 

Winter - can we just say that I love Christmas because I get to see my babies and grand babies! Everyone came home for Christmas except for Jared and Camille. They went to France to be with her family. We enjoyed having everyone home, played lots of ga,es and had lots of dogs. We have our own Molly, we were tending Jared's dog Eddie, Rachael and Eli brought Tav. Lucas and Shanae brought their two dogs Marcy and Micah. Wow! Talk about a dog party, a big dog party! (Since it is spring now, I have been 'harvesting' the dog leavings for the winter in the back yard. 3 five gallon buckets full and still finding surprises.)

We got to travel to Fort Collins to see Mary get married. All of our kids were there as well. So, so good to have everyone together.

We have very much enjoyed watching Jacob play basketball this year. Again, he is growing in so many ways. Taller, bigger, faster, stronger, smarter. What a great kid. We are trying to keep his knee together. He has very loose ligaments and his knee goes out sometimes. We have a hinged brace for him and he is also lifting weights to help keep things together.

oh yes, I forgot to mention, we are now slum lords! Just kidding. We bought a house last year that has an upstairs and a basement apartment. Jacob does the mowing over there each week. Then last September we bought an old apartment building. It has twelve units and Spike gets to do all sorts of work on it. Some of the units are not really rentable but we are getting it taken care of sometimes slowly.

No comments: