Thursday, November 5, 2015

This and That

Life has been busy lately. Between Spike and I working and Jacob starting high school, life has gotten a little crazy but not totally out of control. At least it wasn't until this past week.....
Jacob is super busy with high school. He usually goes in early to make sure his homework is all done and he can talk to some of his teachers. So I take him in at 7:00. He doesn't get out of football practice until 6:00 or later. Football might be going on through next week. The Lovell Bulldogs won their first play off game and will play again on Friday. If we win then we go on to the State Championship game in Laramie the next Friday. Spike has the bus run for that so it might slow us down a bit more. Spike's hours are different every day. He works four tens usually so he can have Friday off but it seems like it never happens. He also drives activity bus in the evenings and most weekends. I am home the most but still leave at 7:45 in the morning and get home at around 4:00. Our Molly dog is very lonely and hungry by the time I get home. She makes me feel very loved.

So this is our adventure for the month of November. We decided to  re-wire the house. We have old knob and tube wiring that is original to the house. We are taking down the ceilings on the main floor to access all those lights and then have access to the upstairs floors. All of the furniture that is usually in the living room is now in the dining room and sunroom. I have way too much furniture. Hopefully not everything is going back inside. We are also hoping to get the floor sanded and sealed before Thanksgiving happens.

Also on the list is putting a new bathroom in the basement. I know our big kids will appreciate that since right now we have only one working bathroom and that is sometimes inconvenient especially with kiddo's that are being potty trained. We bought a new shower and toilet for the bathroom down there and we also got a new toilet for the upstairs bathroom. It has a cool flushing system for a 'light' or 'heavy' flush. Just think about that for a bit. We are hoping that we will save some water.

Then to add to our list, since Spike is in the Bishopric and I am the Primary President, the missionaries are using our home to do missionary lessons for some primary age kids that are taking the discussions. So far so good.  Our living room should be put back together by next Monday and then we can do the floors. Our Kitchen should be back to normal by Wednesday.

  Another project that was just finished is the new sprinkling system that Spike put in. I am so glad he is such a hard worker and so very capable. I will post some pictures....probably....When I get more time.

We are very blessed and happy. Life is good.


No comments: