| These are not low carb. |
This makes a lot of cookies. Since we only have Jacob home with us now and I really shouldn't be eating any, and Spike only likes to eat a few, we end up giving most of these cookies away. It wouldn't be fair to Jacob to never make any so that's what I did this afternoon. I am going to give a giant plateful to Mat Savage. He came to our rescue Saturday. We needed someone to let Molly out of her kennel and into her yard since we were in Worland for the day. Molly loves Mat and didn't want to leave him. He had to shove her outside. Thanks for being my Hero For the Day!
1 Cup Margarine
1 Cup Crisco
1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
At this point mix this all together well. Make sure the margarine is a little cold.
Add:
4 eggs and mix again. Not very well, just to incorporate them together.
Add
4 1/2 Cups flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
Mix it but don't over mix it.
Add 1 bag of chocolate chips and just for fun sometimes I do half a bag of white chocolate and half a bag of semi sweet chocolate. I think I like that best.
Put them on a cookie sheet and put them in a preheated to 375 degree oven for 9 minutes.
These are not too cakey or too chewy. These are just right.
There are two things that are very important when making this cookie recipe. The first is the Crisco/margarine ingredient. They need to be even. The other is to keep the dough cool. When it is summertime, I usually keep the dough in the fridge until just before I put them in the oven.
No comments:
Post a Comment