Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Pumpkins

 This one is Jacob's pumpkin.  We didn't think it worked out very well until we got it out to the porch and lit the candle.  I really like it.
 Spike was a party pooper this year and so I got to do his pumpkin.  I tried my hand at some sculpture techniques.  Hmmm. I think I need better tools and some talent would be good.
 This one is mine.  I think it turned out really scary.  The picture below shows you a little better what the pumpkins looked like to begin with.

This was not Jacob's favorite part of the job.  His pumpkins was pretty juicy and stringy.  Gross.

We had only about 25 trick or treaters this year.  Thanks to Devin and Kynstyl for bringing over their kiddos.  Also a big thanks to Daniel Jay and Amanda for coming all the way from Cowley.  Cute kids.  We don't live in the popular part of town...populated...anyway, so I took Jacob and his friend Mat over to Circle drive where all the kids show up to do most of the trick or treating.  I wish I had thought to take a picture of the kids on horseback that were roaming the streets in the dark.  Wondering just how safe that was.

No comments: