Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lovell Beats Newcastle!!!

The Lovell Bulldogs beat the Newcastle Dogies on Friday night in KPR memorial stadium.  Lovell scored first on a 25 field goal for the first points of the game.  It always feels better when we get on the scoreboard first.  The score was 10 to 0 at the half.  Newcastle scored after a nice drive down the field but failed to get the extra point as Mark blocked it.  Nicely done Sparky!

Mark only played on defense this game.  We are glad he got to do that much.  He got an interception too.  I think the bulldogs ended up with five interceptions in the game.  Here is what I don't understand.  The opposing team always says,"Oh, well if it weren't for the turnovers, we would have won the game."  Duh.  It is because of our awesome defense that we get the interceptions and cause the fumbles.  That's why we win.


The video above was an interesting play.  Mark's guy got the pass and as Mark was throwing him down he forward tossed the ball to one of his team mates.  This is illegal as you could tell by the flag being thrown and the expert comments coming from my left.  Spike and Coach Hazen's dad do a great job of calling the game. :) Can I just say that we have really enjoyed sitting by the Hazens.  They are a very nice couple and love to support their son.  They absolutely love football!  They have come to almost every football game. 

The final score was 20 to 23.  At the beginning of the fourth quarter it was 23 to 6.  We went into a prevent defense, which sometimes I wonder about, and we let them have two touchdowns.  There was 24 seconds left in the game when they got the last touchdown.  They tried an onside kick but Collin 'sticky fingers' McArthur scooped up the ball and we won the game.  That was a valiant effort by the Newcastle team.  They never gave up.  Good for them.

We are very glad to have a chance to go on to the Championship game in Laramie next Friday.  It is double or shall I say triple cool for me just because I have two little babies that I need some Grandma time with.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. The school I teach at just lost in the state quarterfinals, so I'm glad that someone still has their team to cheer for!

Mike and Marianne Grant said...

This has been a very long season. But we are undefeated so each game has been lots of fun. Mark is a senior this year. He is so glad to have one more game.