Mark is a team captain this year for the Lovell Bulldog football team, along with Steven Picket and AJ Montanez. Here they are lined up for the coin toss before the Lovell VS Douglas football scrimmage.
We have some new coaches for the Bulldogs. Head coach Doug Hazen is joined by offensive coordinator Bob Weber, assistant coach Daniel Robertson and assistant Craig Winterholler. Isn't it nice to hear so many Lovell boys as coaches? These guys really care about the kids and are excited about this coming season.
Lovell looked way better than last years zero week scrimmage that they played against Thermopolis. Douglas was a pretty tough team and last years 3A state champions. The score was 37 to 23 I think. I wasn't paying much attention during the last half of the game because Mark came out with a concussion in the second quarter. I am not sure when he got it and he can't remember for sure. We showed him most of the plays up to that point and he remembered some of the game but not any after he took himself out.
We do appreciate Ken Ferbrache being there and helping with Mark. Hopefully, Mark will heal quickly and be able to play the sport he absolutely loves soon. With the new WHSAA rules concerning concussions it may be a longer road back than it used to be. I thought our boys played tough and learned lots. They got some practice playing on artificial turf. I asked Mark how he like it and he said he couldn't remember. RATS!
Lucas, Shanae and Connor came up to watch Mark. It was really nice to see them. I loved holding Connor and visiting with them. It would be nice if Mark could remember that he had a conversation with them after he got changed but he didn't even know they were there to support him. I appreciate the support they gave me. Gwen stopped on her way back from Gillette after watching Mary play volleyball. Mary sounds like an amazing girl. I hope I can see her play sometime. My friend Jean who lives in Douglas came to sit with us but left after an emergency call from the Hospital. Her daughter had a cardiac arrest due to a genetic defect and is not doing well. Please remember her in your prayers.
The game started late, not until 7:00. The JV bus had to go home so they could get to Lovell before the 1:00 a.m. cutoff. I was joined in my trip to Douglas with Kristi, Becky, Jan and Brian. We made Brian drive for us. Special thanks to him because we didn't get home until 3:00 in the morning. I would have had to pull over and get some sleep at the side of the road. We had lots of good stories and a fun time. I think we need to take a big bus for all the parents who like to travel over the state of Wyoming to watch these boys play.
Here is a video of Mark getting a handoff before he gets his concussion.
No comments:
Post a Comment