I needed to post the pictures of our adventure that we had last summer. Jacob and I went with Gwen, Brad and Mary to Devil's Tower and Mount Rushmore and then on to Wind Cave. We had a lot of fun and saw many, many new things. I have lived in Wyoming almost my whole life and I had never seen Devil's Tower. I hope we can do another trip like this one again. Jacob, Mary and Brad had lots of fun and exercise. We took the short trail around Devil's tower the first day and then on the way home we took the longer loop. The Clark's are better hikers that the Grants, that's for sure. Jacob wasn't too sure of himself on this rock. Maybe a bit of a chicken. He wouldn't stand up on it when Brad and Mary did. Mount Rushmore is a great place. We went to an evening program and it was refreshingly patriotic. Gwen and I looking beautiful in front of the presidents. Going down into the cave. Jacob was a little nervous and I was a lot nervous about going into the cave. Luckily I didn't have any panic attacks or claustrophobia. The cave was plenty big enough and I tried not to think about the tons of rock above our heads. These formations were so interesting Brad is feeding the wild burros. Apparently the story is this. The burros were originally used during the mining boom of the early 1900's. After is was over the miners simply freed the burros and they thrived. We had a lot of fun feeding them. Fruit snacks were their favorites but they also liked the cherries we fed them. If you look closely you can see the fruit snacks on the wooden planks. Reptile Gardens! The kids are being squished by the enormous anaconda! Look how scared they are! These were real and I did not like them. Just big, fat, lazy, dangerous reptiles.
After a fun day at reptile gardens we went back for another look at Mount Rushmore. Pretty Amazing.
Jacob and I on our last day of our trip. Notice the reptile garden hat and shirt he is sporting:)
No comments:
Post a Comment